Menace

Menace - J.M. Darhower
4.5 stars

I respect how Lorenzo doesn't do a lot of posturing like some males, and Morgan doesn't apologize like some females. They are flawed people, but they are who they are. Both characters are awesome. You don't know what they're going to do next. It's easy to connect with them even if their behaviors are something you would never consider in your own life. Lorenzo is physically scarred across his face and blind in one eye; yet, he exudes loads more appeal than a perfect and fake male lead would. Morgan is definitely not the sweet and virginal type. Both are harsh and real with painful backgrounds, but it's not difficult to find their hearts underneath it all. Morgan is on a mission. A dangerous man is after her. No one wants to help. Lorenzo is looking for some excitement and trouble. They make a perfect match.
I loved this story. It kept my attention the entire time. It has mystery, action and raw grit. I stayed up late into the night reading. I haven't done that in awhile. No one knows how to write organized crime quite like this author, and no matter how many she writes, the cast in each is totally unique and believable. I definitely recommend Menace, and I can't wait for the next book.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Google+ / Pinterest / Goodreads / Tumblr / Bloglovin' / Instagram