The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss

The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss - Max Wirestone
4.5 stars

This book is pure enjoyment and fun. The writing is smart and colorful with a storyline of equal measures geek and mystery.

Dahlia has been on a long unemployment streak, when a job falls into her lap. Originally hired to solve an online gaming issue between teammates, she soon gets wrapped up in a murder investigation. Some of the plot happens inside a multiplayer elaborate online gaming world. Some happens in her real world. She's totally relatable and free with the humor always. Even though someone is killed, it's pretty light-hearted with cosplay events, dumpster diving and just general everyday wackiness. Sometimes the pace heats up as with a shoot out that seems to blend as a LARP, but by the end, it does give a serious message of just getting out and living.

I can definitely see The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss being turned into a movie. I don't read a lot of books that are so full of quirky bits, pop culture, and geek references. It was exactly what I needed—totally delightful, and I will be looking for more from this author.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents