By Any Other Name

By Any Other Name - J.M. Darhower
Nobody does organized crime like J.M. Darhower. Good lord! Amazing story. I'm so emotionally wrung out now.

So obviously I loved it. BAON is about two kids from opposing crime families. They weren't always this way. Once they were very close. Both family's histories are super intertwined. Many things have happened that can't be taken back. Each act builds causing a snowball effect, more pain, more drama, more death and so on.

One thing that I want to point out for those that loved the Forever/Sempre series is Gavin (from Sempre:Redemption, the one that overran the construction site and watched over Haven for Corrado) is in this series. The DeMarco family of Chicago is mentioned by name and references are made to Haven and Corrado. Gavin Amaro is in one of the five families in New York. I expect we will see more of him in future books of this series. He is one of the first to know of the affair going on between Matty and Genna."Look, Matty, I'll tell you what someone told me once, a few years ago, when I got curious about a girl...don't plant your seeds in someone else's garden or you're liable to get buried sex-feet under with fertilizer."
Genna is different than any female lead I can remember Darhower doing before. She is a wild child. She isn't virginal and sweet sitting at home while the boys play. She isn't involved in the family business either. So while they're all busy, she's off getting drunk, screwing around and stealing cars.

Matty has never been a part of the family business. He was shipped off as a boy. Now after getting a college degree he has returned home to take care of his dying mother. He's a good, sweet guy.

Needless to say, these two have no idea who the other is when they meet. Both have been raised to stay clear of anyone with the other's surname, but without knowing this about each other, they immediately hit it off. While everyone around them is preparing for war, they're beginning to fall for one another.He'd bought her an abundance of drinks and followed it up with even more orgasms. The boy was a giver, for sure.
Be prepared for lots of emotions. There are deaths and heart moments. It's a very easy story to get caught up in. It's heavy in sibling love, forbidden romance and decisions that change everything.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/02/by-any-other-name-by-jm-darhower-review.html