Murphy (F.I.S.T.S. Book 2)

Murphy (F.I.S.T.S. Book 2) - Bey Deckard, Starr Waddell This is a multi-layer tale. It's skeleton is military life. Military lingo and structure are very present. The outer is the sci-fi aspect. An alien war is taking place. Also genetic manipulation is possible. Many have bionic body parts. It's futuristic so the weapons, planets, aircraft, medicine—most everything is beyond the reader's normal. The inner is about a D/s relationship between to male soldiers growing into love. Yes, for the romance lovers, it even has heart, a hard-ass soldiers' version of it.

Sarge is a grizzly, hot head, aged officer with more fighting experience than anyone. Murphy is his beastly huge, soft-spoken, intelligent partner in every way. (I love Murphy!) Together they make quite a formidable team. In this installment, they are sent on a mission where they soon discover that everything is not what it appears.

This author really has a way of making you fall in love (he kinda sneaks it on you) with his book characters while weaving an interesting fantasy world. If you like gay fiction, sci-fi, war themes, age-gap romances or D/s stories this may be for you. I really enjoyed it and look forward to more.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***